27 January 2012


Mr. ML
York, South Carolina

02 April 2010
CERTIFIED MAIL Return Receipt
7008 3230 0001 7278 2781

Honorable Secretary Kathleen Sebelius
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 INDEPENDENCE AVE SW
WASHINGTON DC 20201-0004

Elder Abuse, Elder Abuse Act

Dear Madame Secretary Sebelius,

It is no wonder that our elders are subjected to abuse when those agencies responsible for enforcement would rather pass the buck than to take action to protect our elders.

When I raised my concerns about the treatment and care of my then 92-year-old grandfather, Mr. Thelsey L. Fuller, he was still alive.

I understand that your department is responsible for making sure that the United States has a uniform policy in dealing with elder abuse, the enclosed computer disc contains files, documents and correspondence concerning the elder abuse, financial elder abuse of my maternal grandparents.

My aunt and uncle, the adult children of my grandparents, withdrew $235,152.28 from my grandfather’s bank account six weeks before his death, leaving my grandmother, their mother destitute.

Keep in mind, after robbing their father on his deathbed they are using his money to fight his widow, their 92-year-old mother in court and haven’t done one single thing to help her.

I hope and pray that the information contained on the computer disc will be used to aid all agencies responsible for enforcement, education and oversight of the Elder Abuse Act as a template of what to look for in some cases of elder abuse.

No elder should ever be subjected to such a thing.

Ever.

Sincerely,

ML

Cc: Honorable Senator Lindsey O. Graham

"This Ain't No Game Show!"







No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are reviewed before posting.