09 September 2014

"How could they?"



















The first words I uttered after listening to the 85 year old woman’s story – “How could they?” It was the first week into my new job as a pastoral associate in my home church when I received a call to visit a woman who was afraid of being in her own home. My first thought was that perhaps she may be suffering from dementia, but just a few minutes into her story – collaborated by her niece who had recently become her caregiver – I knew it was not dementia.  Instead it was a cruel and frightening experience that had left this lovely but fragile woman in a state of panic at every knock on her door.   

Read More –>> 

A Difficult Yet True Story of Elder Abuse: “How could they?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are reviewed before posting.